Monday, July 28, 2008

Sewing

Sew... I don't want to mislead anyone into thinking that I've been crafty lately. I've been lazy. It's too hot to sew, and it's definitely WAY too hot to knit or crochet. But I've finally loaded some pictures of recentish projects onto my computer. I have aspirations for some upcoming projects, sew I feel that's good enough for now. We don't have real air-conditioning in my apartment, sew I'm going to wait a while...

Here is a picture of my adorable mom and the apron I made her for Mothers Day. She knew that I was making her an apron because I told her I wanted to make her an apron. But I don't think she knew how cute it was going to be. I mean, look at it.





















Here is an elephant that I made for my friend's baby. I tried to finish it before the baby shower, but of course I didn't get it done in time. And when it comes to giving gifts, I either have to give it to the recipient right away, or they probably won't get it for about a year. So now the elephant is done, but I keep forgetting to give it to my friend. I don't know what my problem is. I'm getting old. My mom told me not to use buttons for the eyes because the baby will choke on them and die and I really don't want to kill anyone's babies. But I used the tiniest buttons the store had for the tiny elephant eyes. I think these shouldn't kill any babies. I think they're small enough that the baby can easily swallow it if it comes down to it.

1 comment:

oliver.and.emily said...

why can't i get an enlarged view of the elephant?? i wish i could see it bigger..